How to import images in Wiki in a new Windows server (get images from Wiki hosted in a different Windows server)

userapache123

Question

I have a need to move MediaWiki (and also upgrade to the newer version) from an older Windows server to a newer Windows server.

The  older Windows server has MediaWiki 1.23.5 along with Apache 2.2, MySQL 5, and older version of PHP from 2010.

In the newer in Windows server, I am installing:

MediaWiki 1.35.2
Apache 2.4.47 Win64 from Xampp
mysql-8.0.23-winx64 (MySQL :: Download MySQL Community Server)
PHP 7.4.3 (from Xampp)

I got a dump of the SQL file from the older machine and successfullly imported that SQL into the MySQL of the newer machine. I configured MediaWiki in the new machine. After that, I had the wiki page served successfully in the new machine.

I even manually copied the content from the old Windows machine from its folder D:\mywiki\images (copied all folders and subfolder except htaccess and readme) into new Windows machine into D:\Xampp\htdocs\mywiki\images. In the new machine, I made sure that the images directory has full control permission.  

However, I am having two issues.

Issue 1: When the wiki page in the new Windows machine is served, it shows the thumnail of the image, but clicking on the thumbnail does not show the image. Are the images not a part of the SQL-dump? What do I need to do to get the images imported in the new Wiki server? Perhaps manual copy of the content from the images folder does not work. I stopped and started Apache, MySQl after copy and tried to access the image and the images are not visible.

Issue 2: In some of the content I see see the path of the file e.g. [file://mynetworkname/directory1/file1.html ] after the link. The original (still hosting the older/original wiki) does not show the path. What do I need to do to not show this type of file path?

Edited by userapache123 (see edit history)

1 answer to this question