Integration of an article in mediawiki

Guest Angel

Question

Hey,

is there any chance to save an nearly ready article in the database to change itself then online or can i upload an data including an article and mediawiki shows me then the content and not only the icon of the data?!

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Assuming you're asking for a space to have a private article "draft" on-wiki, there is nothing like this out-of-the-box, and the only extension I see is unmaintained. You can copy/paste the wikitext into a local file while you're still working on it, using Show Preview on the wiki to see what it looks like but never actually saving the page until it's ready to go.

If you don't care about the draft being public while it's a work in progress, you can also insert a work-in-progress notification on the top of the page while you're working on it.

As for uploading data via [[Special:Upload]] and having the data displayed on-wiki, there are a couple file extensions that let you do that (some requiring MediaWiki extensions as well):

At first, thanks for your answer. I ask for my own lokal hosted wiki, generated with MediaWiki. Not a public wiki. I need this project for my study.

But i don´t only want to copy and paste the included article out of my data. In my eyes is this not a really nice solution.

Is there a chance to write the data in the databse or show the includings of the data in an article of my wiki?

Can i solve this with an other wiki except MediaWiki, if this doesn´t will work on MediaWiki?

Thanks!

If you enable uploads and upload the article locally (via [[Special:Upload]]), you can view the contents of the article if it is a DjVu, PDF, or TIFF file by following the linked instructions above. Otherwise, no, this is not possible with MediaWiki. If you absolutely need that feature, and there are other wikis which do it for you, I recommend using one of those other wikis instead.