Elastica breaks wiki

plenhart

Question

I've just had a mediawiki server with 3 wikis running on it dumped in my lap to support. The search box was using CirrusSearch and ElasticSearch / Elastica to generate results, but that was recently broken when the security team did some sort of log4j remediation.

So, I've removed most traces of CirrusSearch / ElasticSearch and now have just the bare-bones MediaWiki search working. As you are all likely aware, the built-in search is lacking, so I'm trying to get the search extensions working again by following the install guide.

I'm up to the step where it has me edit LocalSettings.php to add " wfLoadExtension( 'Elastica' ); ", but when I do this, the wiki using that settings file no longer loads. All I get is a blank page served. Not even broken html if I view the page source. Nothing.

Behind the scenes:

• CentOS 7.3.1611
Product Version
MediaWiki 1.30.0
PHP 7.4.28 (apache2handler)
MySQL 5.7.20

Of course, I'd love to bring everything up to more current versions, but I'd like to get back to functional before I tackle that massive ball of version dependencies.

Any help is very much appreciated!

1 answer to this question