List pages without the subpages

Charles-François D.

Question

Hi,

I want to list the pages inside one's page but without all the subpages is that even possible ?

This is what I'm using right now :

{{Special:PrefixIndex/{{FULLPAGENAME}}/ |columns=1 |hideredirects=1 |stripprefix=1}}

And it output something like :

Client1/Contact
Client1/Contact/External
Client1/Contact/Internal
Client2/Contact
Client2/Contact/External
Client2/Contact/Internal

And I want something like :

Client1
Client2

Thanks !

Charles

2 answers to this question

This does not seem to be possible using only Special:PrefixIndex, so some other extension will be needed to generate this list. DynamicPageList can probably do it, but is likely overblown for your use case. It is possible to do this with a Scribunto module as well. I believe it should also be possible to omit the sub-pages from the PrefixIndex listing using a combination of ParserFunctions and StringFunctions (StringFunctions are included in the ParserFunctions extension, but are disabled by default), but it will be more limited in terms of functionality (can only support up to a hardcoded number of pages).