Allow user to Input a variable in an inputbox

cppsax

Question

Hello,

I installed MediaWiki 1.29.1 with the Variables and ExternalData extensions.
I created pages in which a predefined variable in the body of the page calls external data from a csv file filtered on this variable and returning a table with all the results.

I would now like to leave the choice of this variable to the user.

It seems that the Inputbox does not allow to assign user's input to a variable.
I would not want this entry to create a new page nor a section but serve as a filter to my external data called in the table in the same page / section.
I would like to avoid having to install Semantic Mediawiki which seems to provide this possibility.

Can someone help me to this point on which I have been blocking for several days.

Thank you in advance.

Christophe, from Paris.

2 answers to this question

This is unfortunately not possible with just the Inputbox extension. You may be able to make use of the Page Forms extension for this purpose (it's part of Semantic MediaWiki but can be installed standalone if you don't want all of SMW installed). However, I've never actually tried it out myself so I cannot say for certain whether or not it will work. You can grab the extension at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Page_Forms

• Like 1