Jump to content
  • 0

updated `text` table, changes not showing up


Question

I did an update directly in the text table, subsequent research shows that I also need to update the sha and revision id and perhaps other columns as well.

Is there a script that I can run to rebuild the table correctly?

Background:

I wanted to insert some at the top of every content page, I tried with replace_text as well as some other approaches, none of which worked to my satisfaction for various reasons.

I also ran runJobs.php, update.php, and updateall.php

Edited by wiki-e
added info, clarified subject (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

There are no scripts that MediaWiki ships with to repair corruption in the text table caused by manual modifications, because that is not a supported scenario. However, modifying an existing table entry (compared to making a new one) should take effect right away. Try rebuilding your caches with the rebuildall.php script; it's possible the old version is simply being cached, and that will cause it to be re-parsed. You may run into exceptions when doing that, you'll need to clean that up manually if it occurs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.