updated `text` table, changes not showing up

wiki-e

Question

I did an update directly in the text table, subsequent research shows that I also need to update the sha and revision id and perhaps other columns as well.

Is there a script that I can run to rebuild the table correctly?

Background:

I wanted to insert some at the top of every content page, I tried with replace_text as well as some other approaches, none of which worked to my satisfaction for various reasons.

I also ran runJobs.php, update.php, and updateall.php

Edited by wiki-e
added info, clarified subject (see edit history)

1 answer to this question

There are no scripts that MediaWiki ships with to repair corruption in the text table caused by manual modifications, because that is not a supported scenario. However, modifying an existing table entry (compared to making a new one) should take effect right away. Try rebuilding your caches with the rebuildall.php script; it's possible the old version is simply being cached, and that will cause it to be re-parsed. You may run into exceptions when doing that, you'll need to clean that up manually if it occurs.