Cannot find MediaWiki 1.3.0 RPM

Guest Vashti Delaney

Question

Guest Vashti Delaney

I've been looking for the MediaWiki 1.3.0 RPM. I cannot find it anywhere online.
Do you have a copy of this RPM to distribute?

Else, do You have the instructions on how to create RPM?

1 answer to this question

MediaWiki is not officially distributed via RPM. A number of RPMs have been created as unofficial community efforts, but due to the nature of this they often lag behind official releases. It is not recommended that you install MediaWiki via RPM, and instead download the tarball from the MediaWiki website and install it that way. If you want to create your own RPM, you'll need a fair bit of knowledge both in how RPMs are packaged as well as knowledge of how to install MediaWiki from the command line (CLI) by using the install.php maintenance script. I cannot provide much in the way of guidance in this matter as I don't have any experience in packaging RPMs.

A second side-note regarding version numbering: don't treat the dot as a decimal point, but rather as a separator. MediaWiki versioning follows the standard of major.minor.patch. The version 1.3.0 is therefore major version 1, minor version 3, and patch version 0. 1.3.0 is ancient and no longer developed (and would be difficult to obtain). The most recent stable version of MediaWiki is 1.30.0, or major version 1, minor version 30, and patch version 0. 1.30.0 is 27 versions newer than 1.3.0.