Installation of MediaWiki on CentOS system

nichijou

Question

I just started the project of installing MediaWiki on CentOS Linux System. I installed XAMPP but had no idea what the next step should be. I was able to run XAMPP and direct to localhost/dashboard to create a database and setup mediawiki instance on my own computer but while on CentOS server, I don't know how to do everything on the terminal.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 answer to this question

On CentOS, you would use the yum/dnf package manager (depending on what version of CentOS you have installed) to install the dependencies that MediaWiki needs, such as your webserver, database server, and PHP. A more step-by-step guide is available at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Running_MediaWiki_on_Red_Hat_Linux, but I have not checked it over for accuracy. It appears reasonably up-to-date however.