Jump to content
  • 0
Ultra03

MinervaNeue text formatting not loading

Question

The MinervaNeue skin on my MediaWiki installation is not loading the text formatting of the wiki. The attached image is an example:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/GLEOn.png

And here is where I load it up in LocalSettings.php:

wfLoadSkin( 'MinervaNeue' );
wfLoadExtension( 'MobileFrontend' );
$wgMFAutodetectMobileView = true;
$wgMFDefaultSkinClass= "SkinMinerva";

The Vector skin doesn't give me any issues (but it isn't mobile-friendly, either). Does anyone have a solution for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Try putting the wfLoadSkin underneath the wfLoadExtension call; I believe the order is important here and loading the skin first will cause issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, Skizzerz said:

Try putting the wfLoadSkin underneath the wfLoadExtension call; I believe the order is important here and loading the skin first will cause issues.

Unfortunately, that didn’t work either (although I just reread the install instructions and it mentioned that). What’s going on here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Ultra03 said:

Unfortunately, that didn’t work either (although I just reread the install instructions and it mentioned that). What’s going on here?

Could be a number of things; do you have a link to your wiki that you can share? This would let me poke around with my browser devtools and see if I can uncover anything (perhaps there are permissions issues accessing the files, or its looking in the wrong place, or there's a version mismatch between your MobileFrontend/MinervaNeue version and MediaWiki version, or it could be working just fine now but a bad cache is making it appear to not be the case)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 hours ago, Skizzerz said:

Could be a number of things; do you have a link to your wiki that you can share? This would let me poke around with my browser devtools and see if I can uncover anything (perhaps there are permissions issues accessing the files, or its looking in the wrong place, or there's a version mismatch between your MobileFrontend/MinervaNeue version and MediaWiki version, or it could be working just fine now but a bad cache is making it appear to not be the case)

I ended up fixing it by deleting my MediaWiki installation and using the latest version of MW, MobileFrontend, and MinervaNeue (1.31 vs 1.30). Weird. Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.