Creating a FAQ page

Siggi

Question

Hi,

I am quite new to Mediawiki. I have installed 1.35.1 on a Linux box (CentOS) and so far everything is working fine.

But now I'd like to create my own FAQ page like the "standard" FAQ pages used throughout Mediawiki. I started the page with {{FAQ}} but obviously this FAQ template is not availabe. I searched through the web until this evening but without success.

I assume this is an easy question to the experts, but for me it is a show stopper currently. Any help is greatly appreaciated!

Cheers

Siggi

1 answer to this question

I recommend taking a look at the help page about Templates. It goes over what templates do (and don't do), and how you can easily copy templates from one wiki to another. Keep in mind that many templates require extensions such as ParserFunctions, Scribunto, or TemplateStyles to be installed on your wiki before they will work properly. You can find that help page at Help:Templates on mediawiki.org.

You don't need a template to make an FAQ page -- the template is just some additional wikitext behind the scenes.