Image Resize is not working!

gaon12

Question

Hello. I have a some problem.

Image resize function (e.g. [[File:example.png|100px]]) is not work! When I try this( |100px ), just show file's link(interminal link).

Not use resize function ( just [[File:example.png]] ) is show Properly.

And The image in 'commons.wikimedia.org' work well.

I set

$wgMaxShellMemory = 307200;                $wgThumbnailEpoch = true;

in LocalSettings.php

How can i do?

9 answers to this question

I found reason of error with your answer.

This is one of the error message in debug.log

ErrorException from line 898 of /path/the/mw/w/skins/liberty/LibertyTemplate.php: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 5

And I use this skin: Liberty(https://gitlab.com/librewiki/Liberty-MW-Skin) And LibertyTemplate.php(https://gitlab.com/librewiki/Liberty-MW-Skin/blob/master/LibertyTemplate.php) urls.

What can I Do? Should I contact the developer?

P.S. When I change the another skin, but it doesn't work.

Edited by gaon12
Result change skin (see edit history)

There are a few possible reasons for this, but without more information (such as a link to your wiki, if it is public), it is difficult to determine what exactly is going on here. This page has some possible issues and resolutions, but it is not comprehensive and also not very comprehensible in some cases.

Perhaps the first thing to check is to see if you have $wgUseImageMagick = true; in your LocalSettings.php. If not, add it in.

12 hours ago, Skizzerz said:

Thanks! Can you link to the particular page where the thumbnail is not appearing?

Here. https://www.gaonwiki.com/w/Thumb_error_test

And in Most images file's page, You can also check for errors in most image file documents.

p.s. please use this id/pw : test1/test1234

Because he blocked membership because of a vandalism user. 

Edited by gaon12 (see edit history)

I see that MediaWiki is encountering some error when attempting to generate the thumbnails, however your server is not configured to report error details (this is usually considered a good thing from a security point of view).

To get more information, you will need to enable debug logging and then attach the debug log here. To do that, set the following in LocalSettings.php:

$wgDebugLogFile = '/path/to/debug.log';

You will need to modify this path to be a directory that your user account can write to, but is ideally not accessible via the web. Once you enable that, edit one of the pages that has a thumbnail error and save. This will generate a lot of output to that log file, including the error message for what is going on with the thumbnail. Once you get that log file after the page edit, you can remove that line from LocalSettings.php so that it does not fill up your disk with debug logs.

The debug log will also contain some sensitive data which could allow someone to hijack your session, so I recommend taking the following security precautions:

1. Do not log into any accounts while debug logging is active. Make sure you're already logged in beforehand.
  2. After turning debug logging back off, log out of your account in order to delete your session data from the wiki.