Having Trouble Installing MediaWiki

BenTable

Question

I have been using XAMPP to install MediaWiki on my Windows 10 computer. The installation was going smoothly while I was following the guide here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Installing_MediaWiki#Download_MediaWiki_software until I had to run the installation script. When I typed "localhost/w" into the search bar, instead of telling me that LocalSettings.php could not be found, and I could set up the wiki, it gave me an error that looked like this:

MediaWiki 1.36 internal error. Installing some PHP extensions is required.

Required components

You are missing a required extension to PHP that MediaWiki requires to run. Please install: intl 

After searching the web for a bit, I figured out that I needed to enable the intl extension by going into php.ini in the php folder and uncommenting "extension=intl". I figured that would solve the issue, but when I tried loading "localhost/w" again, it looks like a new problem popped up:

Deprecated: Premature access to service container [Called from ObjectCache::getLocalServerInstance in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\objectcache\ObjectCache.php at line 255] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'HookContainer' [Called from MediaWiki\MediaWikiServices::getInstance in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\MediaWikiServices.php at line 252] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'ObjectFactory' [Called from Wikimedia\Services\ServiceContainer::{closure} in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\ServiceWiring.php at line 535] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'LocalServerObjectCache' [Called from ObjectCache::getLocalServerInstance in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\objectcache\ObjectCache.php at line 255] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'StatsdDataFactory' [Called from ObjectCache::newFromParams in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\objectcache\ObjectCache.php at line 149] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'MainConfig' [Called from Wikimedia\Services\ServiceContainer::{closure} in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\ServiceWiring.php at line 1424] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'ConfigFactory' [Called from Wikimedia\Services\ServiceContainer::{closure} in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\ServiceWiring.php at line 734] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'BootstrapConfig' [Called from Wikimedia\Services\ServiceContainer::{closure} in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\ServiceWiring.php at line 277] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'DBLoadBalancer' [Called from ObjectCache::{closure} in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\objectcache\ObjectCache.php at line 181] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'DBLoadBalancerFactory' [Called from Wikimedia\Services\ServiceContainer::{closure} in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\ServiceWiring.php at line 383] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'MainWANObjectCache' [Called from Wikimedia\Services\ServiceContainer::{closure} in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\ServiceWiring.php at line 406] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

Deprecated: Premature access to service 'ConfiguredReadOnlyMode' [Called from Wikimedia\Services\ServiceContainer::{closure} in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\ServiceWiring.php at line 420] in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\w\includes\debug\MWDebug.php on line 376

If I scroll down, it does give me the option of setting up a new wiki, but I'm not sure if I should without resolving the issue first. If you guys couldn't tell, I don't know anything about coding at all, so any help is appreciated. 

Some relevant maybe useful information:

I am using the most recent versions of Media Wiki (1.36.1) and I am using XAMPP 7.3.28 because apparently (from what I've read) the php files that come with the more recent versions don't work with MediaWiki. 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question