Sign in to follow this  
kghbln

Error when trying to confirm e-mail

Heiya, this is what I get when clicking on the registration link I received via e-mail.

Sorry, there is a problem

This member is not awaiting validation

Error code: 2S129/2

Cheers

Well got a second e-mail telling me that my registration is complete. I guess everything is fine.

I also got the same error, and also for some reason it thinks I'm using Internet Explorer even though I'm using Chrome.

On 11/9/2017 at 8:21 PM, James Hare said:

I also got the same error, and also for some reason it thinks I'm using Internet Explorer even though I'm using Chrome.

Yeah, the "someone logged into your account from a new machine using Windows and IE" email is a bit spooky (I use Linux and Chrome).

Both that and the validation error is still happening (harmless though).

I see the issue with the MSIE on Windows thing -- the email service I use scans all emails (inbound and outbound) for issues like viruses, phishing, etc. It follows the links in the email and apparently is written in .NET Framework so the User-Agent shows as IE. This is likely also why it is showing your email as already validated. Since all outbound emails from this domain are automatically generated, I don't see the need of scanning them, so I'll be disabling that.